Hit Counter

Monday, May 11, 2009

Birthday and Mother's Day

This is both my birthday and Mother’s Day weekend and after 30 some years I have come to terms with having the day as one. I must say though, all 3 of my children called on both days this year! Gordon took me to lunch for my birthday after we shopped at Home Depot for the wood he needed to finish our new cabinet and later took me out for ice cream at Friendly’s. It was great to have a Reese’s Pieces Sundae, it tasted just as I remembered from the days back in Troy!!! Gordon had his favorite Jim Dandy Sundae, a modified banana split with 5 scoops of ice cream!!! Anyway you put it, it was a treat.

For Mother’s Day, Gordon took me to my favorite house…Waffle House!! We both had way too much to eat but managed to still make it out for some shopping. Last year, birthday/ Mother’s day, Gordon bought me a watercolor print of the 5 Bahamian Lighthouses. This year, we picked out a mat and frame for it. It now hangs prominently in the salon!

Later in the afternoon, we met with new friends Anne and Mike for drinks and munchies. They are the owners of our favorite hot dog stand, HOUNDDOGS, here in Daytona. Great fun!!! So, I must say it was a perfect weekend, but I do miss you kids and love you all

No comments: