Hit Counter

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

OUR ANNIVERSARY

Well, it's been 31 years since I said "I do" to Gordon and I still love him very much...it's been trying the last couple years not having my space, but all in all it's been a good 31 years.

I guess we started celebrating last night when we drove over to Virginia Beach.
We took Schooner and Charlie for a swim in the ocean. They had a great time and Schooner did ok until she saw birds. Then she was chasing them and howling and making noises that shouldn't come out of a dog!! Charlie chased a tennis ball into the surf, but didn't do so well at swimming. It wasn't that he was scared of the water, I just don't think he knows how to swim; head held high and lots of splashing though. Both got a bath when we got back to the boat and crashed hard!!

Today we drove to Norfolk (20miles) and got lost, even though Patrick has a GPS. We found a drive-in resturant in downtown Norfolk called DOUMAR'S BARBEQUE. (www.doumars.com) They were just featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Channel last Monday! It was busy, but the food was really great and they have some of the best homeade ice cream and waffle cones I have had in a long time. Definately a Jump recomendation!

After lunch, we walked the Norfolk waterfront
and visited NAUTICA, a Navel Museum and the adjacent Battleship Wisconson.
I think Patrick enjoyed seeing a model of the ship USS Whigby Island that he traveled to Afganistan on. Any way, we collected more pressed pennies to add to my collection (I now have 75 pennies, 1 dime, & 2 quarters...hint hint.) To top off the evening we had dinner at the FREEMASON ABBEY, a church converted to a fine dining restaurant. Dinner was good and I got a single red rose, Andie, not any yellow ones! I would have to say it was a great day spent with Patrick, but I wish the girls could have been here, too!! Maybe if we make 35 we'll all go somewhere together!!

No comments: